Is Your OT Registered?

When looking for an OT, it is important to check that they are registered with COTM.

To work as an occupational therapist in Manitoba, and to use the title: Occupational Therapist, individuals must register with COTM. Registering with COTM demonstrates that this individual respects the public’s right to safe, competent and ethical care, and recognizes COTM’s role in supporting and monitoring practice.

Occupational therapists are entitled to use the designation O.T. Reg. (MB) if their name is on the Register of Practising Members.  Individuals who are provisionally registered use the designation COTM Provisional OT until they become fully registered.

To verify if an occupational therapist is registered, call the COTM office at:

College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba (COTM)
7 – 120 Maryland Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba  CANADA  R3G 1L1
Phone: 1-204-957-1214 or 1-866-957-1214  (toll free in Manitoba only)
Fax: (204)775-2340