CIHI Health Human Resources and Workforce Trends
These publications are produced by Health Human Resources at the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). They can be used to support research and planning into the occupational therapy workforce.
The reports include analysis by various demographic and practice characteristics, such as age and sex, basic and post-basic occupational education, year and province of graduation, post-basic education in other than occupational therapy, employment status, full-time/part-time status, employment category, type of employer, primary area of practice, funding source, usual weekly hours and position of employment.
COTM is an active participant in the development of these reports. COTM member information received at renewal is used to build the reports.
Please see CIHI's most recent report and data tables:
- Canada's Health Care Providers, Provincial Profiles, 2008-2017 - Data Tables
- Health Workforce, 2018 - Data Tables
Please see CIHI's Occupational Therapists in Canada series reports:
- Occupational Therapists, 2016
- Occupational Therapists, 2015
- Occupational Therapists, 2014
- Occupational Therapist Workforce, 2012
- Occupational Therapists in Canada, 2011
- Occupational Therapists in Canada, 2010
- Occupational Therapists in Canada, 2009
- Occupational Therapists in Canada, 2008
- Workforce Trends of Occupational Therapists in Canada, 2007
- Workforce Trends of Occupational Therapists in Canada, 2006